New Austrian Science Fund programme aims to help postdocs from any country find their feet
- Make sure to describe how the project will help advance your career
- Focus on the project description, giving enough information without detailing standard protocols
- Be very clear on the aims of your project
- The scheme is focused on basic research, so make the case for your project advancing the field
- The programme guidance includes the questions that peer reviewers are asked, so read it carefully
Sitting at the crossroads of Europe, Austria’s research sector is geographically connected to the power players of the EU to the west and newer member states to the east. In 2021, the Austrian Science Fund (FWF) revamped its funding programme that enables foreign researchers to spend time at the country’s universities.