1907 Research wants early career scientists’ most daring mental health ideas for its Trailblazer Awards
- Do not shy away from topics that are rarely addressed in mental health research.
- Be wary of classifying mental illnesses based on symptoms; show that your thinking goes deeper than that.
- Be aware that 1907 Research’s board, research committee and reviewers have a largely neurological focus.
- Lacking a strong publication record is no barrier to success but you must show that you can perform the research as proposed.
- Innovation is the most important criterion in grant assessment.
The United States-based charity 1907 Research, established in 2019, has opened the second round of its Trailblazer Awards, seeking out-of-the-box ideas that can shed light on the causes of, and cures for, all forms of mental illness.